Thursday, August 2, 2012

Letters from God



Letters from God

If God were to write you a letter, what would it say? 

I've just finished writing my first book.  It is still in the editorial process and will be for three more passes before anyone will see it; however, I want to share two letters from this book. 

These letters are encouragement in nature and reflect an approachable God who wants nothing more than for us to come to him with our disappointments and joys and all else and just be with him.

I can relate to that kind of God.



Ninety-Two

Dear Child:

Here are some things you need to know about me.
   My hand is not shortened.
      My patience is expansive.
         My grace is sufficient.

   My strength is immense.
      My shoulders are broad.
         My arms are wide open in welcoming you.

   My smile is evident at the very thought of you.
      My storehouse is full of good things with you in mind.
         My gates are always open.

   My lights are always on.
      My knowledge is vast.
         My eyesight does not dim over time.

   I don’t remember your past sins.
      I know you by name.
         I have a furious love for you.

   My word is eternal.
     My promises are unchangeable.
        My heart is large enough for the whole world.

Can you grasp just a wee bit of how much I think of you?

I do.  You are never out of my care.

Never.

God



And now, one more.



Eighty

Dear Child:

Today I want to remind you that I am here, now.  I am in all things.  I see all things.  I AM.

         When the tsunami hit Japan, I was there.
      When the recession came rolling along, I was there.
   When your child stubs her toe, I am there.

         When marital strife mucks up your life, I am there.
      When financial woes worry you, I am there.
   When bliss abounds, I am there.

         When the winds blow favorably upon your sails, I am there.
      When the parking space opens near the door, I am there.
   When your auto breaks down during rush hour, I am there.

Do you see?  I am with you always.

I’ll never leave you.  I’ll never abandon you.

I don’t keep you from bad things. 
          I keep you in the middle of bad things.

That is a difficult concept for some to grasp.  Nevertheless, it is so. 

I’m not a magic elixir. 
I’m not a lucky rabbit’s foot.
I’m not a genie who appears out of a bottle.

I am God. 

I have a future filled with hope already planned for you.
I am with you.

Rest in me. 

I am here.

Be at peace. 

All is well.

God.



I hope you enjoyed these samples. 

Have a great week.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment