Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thoughts about Threads



Thoughts about Threads

I can’t sew worth a darn, but if I could, I would make a mitten, mend a holey sock or crochet a blanket to warm the world.

What can one lowly thread do?

When I try to thread a needle, that thin speck of fiber is such a blur to my eyes, but oh what it could become. 

Sometimes all it takes is a thread to break open some mysterious crime scene.  Just watch TV for a couple hours some evening and you’ll see what I mean. 

When you take a broad look at our world you will appreciate this thread-size concept.  Look what the thread of an idea has produced.

Airplanes and beyond
   Printing press
    Foods in abundance
     Medicine for most ailments
      Governments
       Careers
         Philosophies
       Marriages
      Constitutions
     Enterprises
    Business ventures
   Great wealth
  Life-changing ideas and attitudes
Religions

And on and on and on and on …


What can become of a simple, thin, barely visible thread?

Perhaps the difference between life and rescue - or danger and death.


What are the threads in your life?
What are your thoughts, dreams, passions, and wannabe wishes?

It starts simply as an idea - a thread of a thought. 


My, what a thing to behold.  Watch as something majestic comes from a simple thread of one idea.
 
You have ideas.  I know you do. 

I hope you’ll take the loose threads in your life - your possibilities, and begin weaving them.

Weave them into
          Something marvelous and wonderful
                    Something useful and needed
                              Something pleasing and beneficial. 


Create something! 


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment