Thursday, December 30, 2010

Words of Action for 2011

2011 looms large on the horizon. New Year’s resolutions are well and good, but I want to talk about a different way of thinking and planning for this New Year. I simply want you to focus on a word or phrase that resonants with your heart and mind; words that you can adopt for this New Year. Make it something meaningful that will help give you new and fresh marching orders.

Here are a few suggestions.

-I will act now.
  -I am a controlled person.
    -I wisely save a portion of every pay check.
      -I seek only good wholesome thoughts for my mind.
        -I see the best in every person I meet.
        -I will increase my value to my family and my work place.
      -I approve of myself.
    -I am confident in my God-given abilities.
  -I will greet each person with kindness and a smile on my face.
-I will successfully plan my week for full productivity.

If you are of a religious persuasion, you surely have a dozen or more scriptural verses you can tap into as well. I know I have my own favorites. Some examples are Jeremiah 29:11 and Joshua 1:9.

One of my life-phrases this year will be “I Will ACT NOW.” When Carolyn asks me to do something specific she will find me responding rapidly.  When I am requested to do anything for anyone and I can feasibly perform that task, I will act now. This includes everything from taking out the trash, washing the car, filling the gas tank, washing windows, cleaning the bathroom and a dozen other requests that she may ask of me.

And when one of my readers asks for a special assignment for their sales team, I will respond immediately and set out to complete the requested project in a timely manner. By now you can see how the simple motto of I WILL ACT NOW can impact your life and everyone around you in positive ways.

I could write page after page on the above suggestions but you don’t need that from me. You get it.

So, now it’s time to get busy. Give some thought to the words, phrases and thoughts that you might adopt this year as your mantra, your marching orders or whatever handle you might put on this.

I would love to hear from you as to the words and phrases you choose for your life. Would you write to me?

Words of action do make a difference. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment