Friday, November 12, 2010

You're Not a Nobody

I hear you. I take note of your joy, your cries, your pain, and your confusion. I know more about you than you might think I do.

For instance, I was there the day you were born. I heard your first cries. I watched over you and marveled at your beauty and development at your birth. I noted the potential that I put within you.

Maybe that is why you cried. Maybe you were afraid, even then.

I watched you take your first steps, learn to eat with a spoon, learn to sip from a cup. I saw you try and try again in mastering the stuff of life. You kept at it. You didn’t give up. Everything was new and fresh, and a challenge to conquer. I watched. I knew you then, I know you know.

When you went to kindergarten and first grade, I was there. I marveled at your adaptability then and you still have that within you. Don’t lose it. You struggled with math, and in English you thought you would never remember all the nuances that were being thrown at you. But you proved time and again that you could do it.

Your social skills grew. 
     You learned to say “please” and “thank you.”
          You learned to share, to make friends, to distinguish
               between right and wrong.

Some of those choices were hard at the time, but you began learning the necessary lessons of life. I was so proud of you.

As you grew and moved on beyond high school and college, you experienced your first job choices. You learned more. You continued to grow and rely upon those life experiences you’ve stored – such rich experiences.

Life hasn’t always been fair. Tough decisions have come and gone. Relationships have been tough to manage sometimes. Financial successes haven’t always been in your favor. But you’ve hung in there, you’ve managed, and I’ve watched, and believe it or not, I’ve been there by your side all along.

Remember, you’re not a nobody. You are a somebody.

I know your name.

I even know what is going on right this moment in your life. I know your joys and your concerns. And I am here, now!

You have proven in the past that you can make good decisions. Make them again as you face this stuff of life. Remember, I’m with you.

I know you.
  I made you.
    I Love YOU.

You are somebody to me. Always remember that.

I’m calling to you. Can you hear me? Oh, how I love to speak your name. Just resting my eyes on you makes me happy.

I know you.
 I was there at the beginning of your life and I’ve never left you.
  I’ve never abandoned you.
   I’m here, now.
    I’ve always been by your side.

Turn and look for me.
          Listen for my voice.
                    Trust me.

I Love You!

God

No comments:

Post a Comment