Thursday, August 19, 2010

Living Without Regrets

If you could live your life over, what would you do differently?
Most elderly people, when asked this question, responded this way.
“If I could live my life over, I would have taken more chances.”

“I WOULD HAVE TAKEN MORE CHANCES!”

I love that!

Do you know what they are really saying? My music is still in me and I wish I would have gotten it all out.

One of the great tragedies of life is to reach the end of our days with our unfulfilled dreams still burning inside us.

There is a man that you and I know about who faced a few challenges in his day. Listen to this:
-He had ten or more failures before becoming one of our more memorable men in history.
-He ran for numerous political offices, and lost.
-His fiancé died.
-He started two businesses and they both failed.

But in 1860, the man who signed his name A. Lincoln was elected the 16th President of the United States. I believe Abraham Lincoln was saying to us today, “I lived my life without regrets."

When I lived in Waco, Texas I had the good fortune to meet a multi-millionaire by the name of Paul J. Meyer. Some of you may have known of Paul and perhaps have listened to his motivational recordings.

Paul said that he started over 130 companies in his lifetime, and 65% of those failed.

65% Failure Rate

Yet he kept going. Paul lived his life without regret.

Lance Armstrong was diagnoised with testicular cancer in October 1996. In February 1997 he was pronounced healthy from this cancer.

Lance Armstrong didn’t give up. He was determined to live a life without regrets. He still saw himself riding his bicycle and winning races. He has won seven Tour De France bicycle race. And he is still riding. He is getting his music out.

May I sing you a song?
“Do you remember those famous men
Who had to fall to rise again
They pick themselves up,
Dust themselves off
And start all over again.”

What deeply buried dreams, passions, longings, reside in your heart?

Dream you dreams; give them feet and wings!

Live your life without regrets.

What is your passion? What makes your heart beat faster?

I’m living my passion. I’m writing and speaking, offering hope, encouragement and inspiration one word at a time. I receive some amazing comments from my readers and that really inflates my sails. After each kind note I receive I am motivated to write more words that build people up.

What dreams beat in your heart? What do you want to do more than anything else in the world?

Don’t die with your music still in you.

There once was a master violin virtuoso who had to sell his expertly crafted violin. After selling it to the pawnshop he vowed to one day buy back that very violin.

Time passed. He saved his money until one day he went to the pawn shop to purchase back his violin, only to find that it has been sold to a collector to be placed in a shadowbox and hung on a wall.

The virtuoso paid a visit to the collector and pleaded with him to sell him back his violin. The collector refused. In desperation, the virtuoso asked if he could at least play his violin one last time before it became a part of this man’s collection, never to produce another note.

The collector agreed. The virtuoso tuned the strings and played a lovely melody. As the sounds of this instrument filled the room, the collector’s heart was softened and he agreed to sell the violin to the master musician. How could he deprive the world of the lovely sounds being produced from this finely crafted instrument? He could not let this violin sit in silence.

Don’t you sit in silence! Don’t let the world pass you by.

Live your life without regrets.

                   Write your books.
                                              Sing your songs.
                                                                       Build your dreams.

Get your music out.

Go and live your life without regrets.

1 comment: