Thursday, July 15, 2010

Once Upon a Time

“Once upon a time there was a man and a woman who hoped that someday …”

In fifteen short words I just described your life and mine. Once upon a time we had a hope. We had a dream. We had a picture of something that we wanted or someone we wanted to become.

What was it? Who was it? What or whom has kept us from these dreams?

Has someone come along and punched holes in your dreams? I regret that for your sake. I hope you can find a way to hope and dream again.

Hope is good and necessary to life. It has been said that we can go four days without water, four minutes without air, but only four seconds without hope.

Hope is good! Dreams can become reality. Let me encourage you to dust off your dreams and try, try again.

Remember this lyric?
They pick themselves up
Dust their dreams off
And start all over again.

Most elderly people when asked what they would do differently if they could live their life over responded, “I wish I would have taken more chances.” I have a blog coming soon dealing with this very topic of living without regret.

Henry David Thoreau once said, “If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.”

Remember, every dream begins with hope.

Every success story with a happy ending began with “Once upon a time …”

1 comment:

  1. Mike:
    I've been living in the Bull's Eye but now I need to know what to shoot nearing the time I retire permanently. I need a new vision, a new goal, a fresh grip on my "future" whatever that means. What do you do when vision is no longer sharp and you can't see to hit the bull's eye?

    ReplyDelete