Sunday, March 28, 2021

Some Say I'm Damaged - Defective

Some Say I’m Damaged - Defective 

Some say I’m damaged goods. I am defective. You see, I had heart surgery three years ago and my heart is still considered less than perfect. Two months ago, I had all of my toes on the left foot amputated. That is permanent. My days of running races and doing the broad jump are over.

I can’t do what I did when I was a younger man. Am I damaged goods? Some may think so.

However ... consider my worth in spite of these alterations to my body. My mind still works. I can think, and write, and produce podcasts. I can still function in this day-to-day world at my own level and with the contributions I am still able to make. I’m not finished, yet. I’m not giving up, yet.

Perhaps this message is for you as well. Whatever your ailments, or faulty functions in your body, I imagine there are skills, crafts and creative functions that you can still offer. Maybe this is the season in your life where you recreate yourself in some new something. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to write. Then write you should. What if tutoring some young upstart appeals to you. What a worthy pursuit in which to throw yourself into. Somebody somewhere might need your insights, your slant on what they are attempting.

My wife gave me a daily quote calendar at Christmas. Today’s quote is appropriate to this idea today.

“Setbacks always have an upside. They fuel new dreams.”

Are you facing a setback? Has some challenge come along that has altered your game? What newness can come from this alteration in your life?

Remember ... you’re not damaged good unless you give in to that mindset. Find the new way of expressing yourself.

Morning Notes Blog Site

P Michael Biggs Hope~Encouragement~Inspiration

This is my morning reflectio

No comments:

Post a Comment