Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Word of Gratitude

Thursday, October 23, 2014 marks the five year anniversary for my blog writing life.  This milestone is a simple prayer of gratitude.  Can you take a few minutes and share this with me?


Gratitude 1:
Thanks be to God for the inspiration and ideas that have come to me in odd moments and in sometimes obscure ways.  As a writer, I am ever on the search for the next great idea and I never know when that idea will strike my heartstrings.  All I can add is this … a prayer of “help” with every post, and a prayer of “blessing” on those who might take the time to read my thoughts. 

My bi-line has and always will be “offering hope, encouragement and inspiration one word at a time.”  I live to encourage.  Sometimes it is with a scriptural text.  Other times, it is a great thought or quote from some wise person that just simply applies to a life principle.  If you are encouraged or offered hope, then I have fulfilled my mission for that moment in time.  What more can a writer ask for?


Gratitude 2:
I have found inspiration from other authors of books, magazine articles, blog posts and quotes both in print and on the Internet that have contributed to my posts.  In every case I have attempted to be faithful to record and recognize the contributors. 

My fellow writers, you are heroes.  Sometimes I mimic your style, lift a word or phrase here and there, and often quote whole passages.  You say things so much more clearly than I could ever create and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Gratitude 3:
To those of you who have taken time to read my words, I am humbled and so grateful.  On my computer I have a file of your responses, expressions of gratitude and your words of encouragement back to me.  I think of you with every word and sentence.  Am I making sense?  Am I writing on a topic that addresses a need for you?  Am I presenting my thoughts in fresh ways with fresh insights – not a rehash of old babble?

I’ve received sufficient responses that keep me coming back to the keyboard.  For yet another day, week, month and year the keyboard calls because you have let me know you are listening, reading and receiving. 

I am humbled at your responses. 

And now … the desire to write is still strong within me.  The search continues for my ultimate goal … “To write the blog heard around the world.”

And why?

Because I only want to do one thing …

Offer Hope, Encouragement, and Inspiration to mankind one word at time.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment