Thursday, September 8, 2011

Just Who Are You?


Some say ..
“I’m just a
   “I don’t have
      “I can only do …”
         “I never finished
            “I thought about it but
               “I tried but

Me?  I’m just a guy, living in Edmonds, Washington, married to a wonderful woman named Carolyn.  I write something each week that I hope will make a difference in someone’s muddled world.  I’m just me, doing my thing.  It’s not much, but it is something. 

You see, it’s what I can do, for now, to help improve my corner of this world.

What about you?  What can you do for now? 

Who are you? 

Maybe you’re a mom, raising kids alone with no husband in the picture.
Are you a mid-level manager with dreams and ambitions?
Is retirement your lot in life, and you feel on the shelf?
Do you have that next great idea for a widget, yet can’t find investors?

Who are you, really?

I know a bit about disappointments, setbacks, hopes and dreams yet unrealized.  I understand that people will sometimes let you down. 

What can you do, right now that will improve your lot in life?
--Can you spend an hour in deep thinking?
--Can you re-tool an idea and create a better solution?
--Can you restore a relationship that has gone sour?


Take heart.  Have hope.  You are better than you think you are.  You are resourceful.  You can do more.

We are all human beings, with dignity, and we’re made in the image of God.  We have divinity in us.  We each have goodness -- stuff that this world needs. 

Don’t despair.  Don’t throw in the towel.  Hang on.  Have hope. 

Be a becommer.  Be you.  “Be all you can be” (thanks to the US Army).

Just who are you?

You are an amazing individual with so much to offer. 

Discover you! 

You are something else!!!

What a fitting close for this thought from the Psalms.


Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, and then out; 
you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking
Body and soul, I am marvelously made
I worship in adoration—what a creation
You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;
you know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
the days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.
(The Message - Psalm 139: 13-16)

No comments:

Post a Comment