Saturday, September 22, 2018

More Than What's on the Page


More Than What’s on the Page

I’m caught up in this idea of ‘more than what’s on the page.’  It has so many ramifications for our lives, when you seriously think about it.  I have a feeling this idea will find itself in other writings in days and months to come.  Hmmm.

Jazz musicians know this.  If they only played the page in front of them, we wouldn’t have jazz.  We wouldn’t have expressions, tempo changes, riffs, trills, major seventh and flatted sixth chords.  We would have less than exciting music, if they played just what is on the page.

You have a job, a life, skills and talents.  Are you playing only what is on the page in all of those areas?  I don’t think so.  You add your spice, your touch, your unique way of doing and seeing, living and being alive, and that is what makes life interesting and even exciting.

Some have called this ‘painting outside the box’. 

Some call it ‘creativity’.

This I know … when I push my boundaries and the push succeeds, then I’ve done more than what is on the page, and that is good … very good.

Go find what else you can do with the page you stare at daily.


This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration



No comments:

Post a Comment