Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Fear Overcome


Fear Overcome

I have a few friends who run marathons.  My wife, Carolyn, has entered and completed her share of them as well. 

Fear attends marathons.  Did you know that?  It rides on the shoulders of the runners and whispers all during the race.  “Aren’t you tired yet?  Shouldn’t you stop and take a break?  Do you really think your heart is up to this?”

And they keep running.  Sure, they get tired.  Yes, they need a break.  But the goal is in sight.  The end result is firmly planted in their minds, and on they run.

In the beginning days, I was fearful every time it came time to press “Publish” for my blogs.  I thought, “What am I doing?  What am I saying?  Will someone laugh?  Will anyone read it?

For every job that I have sought out, there has been fear.  Before every musical that I’ve conducted, fear has lurched nearby. 

Seth Godin says it this way.  “Everyone who takes their turn gets scared.”

Well, anymore, I’m taking my turn.  There are some things I want to say that I haven’t said yet. 

And I have other dreams.  I’m gonna take my turn. 

Got fear?

Oh yeah.  It’s along for the ride.  But I am learning to ignore it now days.



This is my
morning reflection.



P Michael Biggs
Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment