Thursday, April 12, 2018

I Believe in Discrimination


I Believe in Discrimination


Like a flash out of the western sky, this idea hit me yesterday and I had to write about it.

I believe in discrimination.

Discrimination sometimes can save us from the bad.

Any more, I have to be a discriminating eater.  I had heart bypass surgery in December.  Before surgery, I was an indiscriminate eater.  Now, I’m more discerning, more discriminating.

I have to be discriminating in what I read.  I can’t absorb every thought, every idea out there.  I tune into my upbringing, my interests, my thoughts and ideologies and lean toward those in my reading.  I do occasionally stretch, and those stretches have added to my life, yet I still discriminate. 

I discriminate in my writing.  I do not want every person in the world reading and following what I write.  I learned a long time ago that I will never please every palate with my writing, so I write for those who do like and read and benefit from what I produce.  I discriminate toward the favorable few who like me.

I am discriminating toward places I frequent.  I don’t go to rock-n-roll concerts as a general rule, unless it happens to be The Ventures (a 60’s band) or some such from that era.  I guess I just dated myself, didn’t I?

You see, discrimination can be a good thing.  And I get to do the choosing. 

And a few other things about which I discriminate.
~Rotten tomatoes
   ~Rotten eggs
      ~Bad avocados
         ~Flat singers
            ~Boring speakers
               ~Self-serving bureaucrats

Well, that is enough for now.
  
Where do you draw the lines in your own discrimination?

I hope you think about this, and by all means, put into play some boundaries, some discriminating fences that you yourself resurrect for your own life.

Discrimination is good!


This is my morning reflection.


Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment