Monday, April 16, 2018

A World with No Bosses


A World with No Bosses

What if you and I lived in a world with no bosses?  What if there was no one around to tell us what to do, how to do, when to do, where to go?

You could do anything.  It’s up to your own initiative. 

So, what?

Do you have the drive, the initiative to go make something, or to make something of yourself?  If you only had to please yourself, could you?

I’m living that to a small degree at the moment.  I have no editor or publisher breathing down my neck demanding the next manuscript or the fixes on the last one turned in.  I write what I want, when I want and lately, because I’ve been on medical leave, I’ve had a grand time.  I set an agenda every day, write every day, read every day and it is supreme. 

Could you do that?  Could you make up your life as you go? 
Would you start something – a company, a non-profit, a charitable institution, a school with a unique specialty? 

Would you bake all day?  Open a restaurant?  Make the best ham-n-eggs in the world?

Would you go around the country and speak to all kinds of people with your message of hope, or instruction or whatever your message is?

Would you design and build a new kind of transportation?  Would you bicycle everywhere you go?

The secret to what I’m talking about is this … ‘what would you do if nobody told you what to do – all day, every day?

It’s fun to be whimsical with this idea, and it kind of points us in some directions of where our mind takes us when we let go of the reigns.

Oh, you wanna know what I would do?  I would keep writing and producing my message of hope, encouragement and inspiration through writing, podcasting and speaking. 

I still think there are a lot of people out there who need a word of hope.

That’s what I would do.


This is my morning reflection.



Words of Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment