Tuesday, February 6, 2018

To Touch a Heart

To Touch a Heart

I’ve stated it dozens of times.  My mission in life is to offer hope, encouragement and inspiration to mankind one word at a time.

I found a new way of saying this.  It came from my surgeon who did my heart bypass. 

On Thursday night, after my Monday surgery, he came to check on me.  In our brief conversation, I thanked him for the great job in operating on me and he said these words: “Thanks for letting me touch your heart.”


And touch he did.  He was in my heart cavity for several hours, lifting, probing, connecting and stitching the three bypasses.

I’ve never forgotten that conversation nor that comment.  He touched my heart.  He physically touched my heart.

That is what I aim to do for others.  I want to touch your heart and others in an encouraging and hope-filled way.  And from some of the notes I receive, I’m doing that. 

We live in hard times, discouraging times, untrusting times. 

   Who can we trust?  
      Where is truth?  
         Where is honesty? 

Seems to me the call is going out.  “Wanted.  Men and women who can touch a heart.  Who can encourage, uplift, and bring light to the dark corners of our dismal lives.  Who will answer the call?”

I will.

I want to touch your heart!


This is my morning reflection.



Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment