Wednesday, September 20, 2017

I Belong to Me

I belong to me.  I own my own thoughts, the
direction in which my life is going, the foods I eat, the books I read and the music I enjoy. 

I also belong to Carolyn.  In the marriage sense this is true – and I belong to me first because I want to present an authentic ME to Carolyn so that she gets to know the ME inside this skin. 

If I know myself well, and that is a constant journey, then I can better present to Carolyn a good, yea great, version of me. 

This is not a put-on pursuit.  I am with me 24/7/365.  I decided a long time ago that I was going to get to know me, P Michael Biggs, with all my flaws, positive attributes, mindset, skill set, and proclivities.  I am the owner of ME, and my pursuit is one of coming home to myself. 

My goodness … what a ponderous thought. 

For those who have known me in the past, fear not that I am abandoning my faith, my God or my senses.  Or course I believe much of the fundamental teaching of my childhood and early adulthood, however, the psychic ME needs dealing with and this is my journey. 

I once was …
~A music director.  That was then.  I can still lead, sing, direct, plan and execute in that arena, yet the desire to be top dog has left me.  I can sit and watch someone else lead and put my critic on the shelf and just be in that place and space.  I am mostly a silent listener.  I don’t stand and raise my hands when singing.  I don’t sing loudly, I don’t usually clap along.  I am just there gleaning whatever moments in that time and space I can glean without any need to be the leader.  

Actually, much of the time I’m listening for a seed of an idea that I can turn into material for my blog sites.  I have become a sponge, and I like that.

I once was …
~A drummer.  I am still a drummer, and now know I’ll never be Buddy Rich or Gene Krupa.  I can sit and marvel at the skills of an incredibly talented drummer today and leave it all there.  I can appreciate and enjoy his/her skill and not have one ounce of ego on my “used to be” skill.

I’ve done a lot of other stuff in my life, and some of it has been pretty good.  Today, I’m narrowing my focus on a few essential interests.  Those are … (a) being a great husband to CB, (b) being the best writer I can be so I can continue to feed my growing audience, (c) living life according to the principles and guideposts that are illuminating my pathway on my spiritual journey.

I’m coming home to “self”. 

I’m learning to be happy in my own skin. 
I like my likes and tastes in a hundred things. 

I am learning to belong to me.

This is my morning reflection!


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment