Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Thinking about Thinking

Some say ‘thoughts are things.”

Hmmm. 

As I live and breathe I have to agree.  I’ve seen
for myself how a thought can take over, grow and expand and morph, and develop as if it were alive.

I started with one blog, then expanded to six.  I now focus on only four, and that has come about because I give a considerable amount of time in thinking about my blogs.

Books make me think.  And you and I are free to think about books in any way we choose.  We like, don’t like, cherish, and purge our shelves from time to time.  And all the while we are thinking and placing value.  My best thinking comes as I highlight and then review the passages.

I play with ideas all the time.  What if I said this?  How will people in Tennessee respond versus readers in Hong Kong?

Pen and paper are never far from reach.  To capture an idea is to find gold, I think. 

Nuggets of ideas to ponder lie in books, magazine articles, off-hand comments made in passing.  I’ve paused on more than one occasion to pull out my Moleskin notebook and pen to capture a fleeting idea or phrase. 
I tune into conversations, newscasts; all of life really, in search of the next great thought to ponder and turn into readable material.

And then … I mull and contemplate, examine and consider the thought at hand.

John Maxwell has a thinking chair in which he does some serious thinking. 
Some like special pens in specific colors.
Some think they can only think by the seashore.

I like the quiet of early morning.  My only distraction is the occasional traffic headed to the ferry landing.

I’ll end with this: 

If you combine your thoughts
with the thoughts of others,
you will come up with thoughts
you’ve never had.
John C. Maxwell
~ Thinking for a Change


This is my morning reflection!


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment