Thursday, August 31, 2017

How Did I Get Here

I am here, today, in this moment, because of a lot of help from a lot of individuals.

I’m here because of …

~The man who taught me typing – Mr. Seay
~Jim, who inspired me as a young, wanna-be music director
~Various English teachers whose instructions sank in

I’m here because of …
~Chris, who was one of my first computer gurus
~Jim, a role model and mentor in my spiritual walk
~Ronn, whose musical genius inspired my life at various moments, in many ways, one note at a time

I’m here because of …
~Mr. Speed and Jack G, my first two bosses, who overlooked my initial blunders in the workplace and extended patience
~Mr. Laurie, my most memorable band director, for nurturing my musical thirst
~Joe, Paul, Mike G, Uncle Ed, and others who befriended me, guided me, modeled for me great friendships and consistent and steady Christian values

I’m here because of …
~A home based on Christian values
~A college that provided a quality education
~A town that gave me room to grow and friendships for a lifetime
~HIS, one of the great writers and communicators, and a lifelong friend.

I’m here because of …
~Books I’ve read
~Seminars attended
~Deep conversations at just the right moment in a lifetime of living

How did I get here?
I got here because of all these individuals, and thousands more, and because of opportunities afforded me, lessons learned, and growth moments in spite of a bad moment in time.

I got here because of some of you who read my blogs and books.  Your words of encouragement have meant much to me.

I got here because of the love of my life – you are my rock, CB.

We are connected – you and me.
We draw strength and stamina from our friendships – past and present.

How did we get here?

Because of the mosaic that God has woven of all the people, places, educational moments and life experiences we have shared.

We really do need each other.

This is my morning reflection!


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment