Thursday, May 11, 2017

The Eighth Time May Work

I’m on number seven.  I’ve not had my success yet, but I made it to seven.  Do I have one more try left in me?  I don’t know.  I’ve blundered so much, lost so much, disappointed a few, and disappointed myself more.

And if I don’t try, I’ll never know, will I?

So here I go.  I will stand one more time.  I
will put the hammer to the nail, or whatever apt metaphor might apply, and I will once again try.  My dream is still as vivid as it has ever been. 

I am a bit weary of the journey and I am not at journey’s end.

Will people miss me?  Will they miss my efforts?

Wait a minute.  That is self-pity talking.  Who cares if they will miss me.  They can’t miss what they don’t know could have been.

Wow.  That is too good to pass by so quickly.

They can’t miss 
what they don’t know 
could have been.

So here I go.  I’m going to stand up one more time.  I’m going to strike a blow on my dream.  I’m going to do this thing. 

After all, the eighth time may work.

It just may work.
  
Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment