Thursday, April 6, 2017

To Touch a Life

Have you discovered the power for good that you possess?  You do possess that power, and I hope you keep reading.

In my job as a banker I have the unique opportunity to help improve an individual’s financial picture.  It can be through a loan or a savings or checking account. 


My friend Chuck runs a Christian bookstore in Spartanburg, South Carolina.  He and his staff touch lives every single day by offering products that change lives. 

My engineer friend Bob, in Nashville, Tennessee, touches lives through his craft.  He brings an immense amount of joy to people who go out and buy or down-load the recordings he has engineered. He is a master craftsman and he touches millions of lives.  Yes MILLIONS!

My wife touches lives through her piano teaching.  Oh, she teaches notes and rhythms, lines and spaces, and she offers way more than that.  She has become guardian/counselor for many of her students when they come and share their troubles and angst.  And more than a few parents step over the parent/teacher threshold and their relationships go deeper than one might imagine.  She touches lives and I’m proud of her.

I don’t know how to do life any other way than to try and befriend some of the people who cross my path.  You see, they are more than a stranger on the street, or a reader of my posts.

They are FRIENDS.  And with a few of them, we do the lunch thing, we laugh, we joke, we meet and eat on occasion. 

I want to touch a few lives as I travel along on this sphere.  I want to encourage a few with weary steps.  I want to touch gobs of people.

I want to touch a life.

Will you join me? 

Who is around you that you can touch?  Who needs your smile, your encouraging word, your gift of friendship?

You are in your sphere – your world of influence for more reasons than you may realize.  Perhaps today or this week is your time to go beyond the “Hi, how are you” and touch a life in a significant way.

Perhaps!


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment