Thursday, April 13, 2017

Go Make Mistakes

Mistakes happen.  We get up.  We fall down.  We break things.  We say the wrong thing.  We attempt to do good and fail. 

Mistakes happen.

Good for you if you make mistakes.  Yes –
GOOD FOR YOU!

Mistakes mean that you are trying something new, you are learning and growing.  You are attempting the yet-to-be-mastered. 

You are DOING SOMETHING!

Even better – make mistakes that nobody has ever made before.  In the beginning, nobody’s work is ever good enough.  I made a piece of furniture two weeks ago.  It’s not perfect, but it works for where we want it to work. 

I’ve made enormous blunders as a public speaker/musician.  Oh my - the horror of it all.  And yet, I’m still alive, and apparently still garner a measure of esteem from my friends, for none of them have disavowed any knowledge of having known me – yet.

I’ve put stuff in print with typos in it.  My book – The Letters – has a typo on the Table of Contents page.  I spelled table – "Talbe".  Right there in the front of the book is this HUGE typo. 

I’ve reached the point of getting over making mistakes.  Now, I fear not making mistakes because I fear making mistakes.  That’s probably why I write five blogs each week.  It’s not all Pulitzer Prize stuff, and I still, on occasion, use the wrong tense and possessive subjective ‘whatever’ in my writing.  But I write. 

So, here I come – mistakes and all. 

I’ll show you mine (mistakes) if your show me yours.


Words of Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment