Thursday, October 6, 2016

Build a Door and Walk on Through


On a personal note – no one came to me ten years ago and asked me to start writing blogs of hope and encouragement.  I had wanted to be a writer for thirty years.  Didn’t they know that?

Of course not. Others don’t know what beats inside my heart unless I tell them.  And even then I often have to be the initiator and show what I can do. 

(For more on this topic see If There Were Limits - Morning Notes )

What do you want to do …
~Sing?  Then sing.
~Start a software company?  Go do just that.
~Be a medical professional?  Charge ahead.
~Write books and create video blogs.  Then get the equipment and do it.

Whatever it is that you find in your heart that burns with passion, then perhaps that is your next mission in life. 

And if opportunity doesn’t knock, if no one comes along and asks you to go – start – build - invent – then build your own door.  Build a large and awesome door and then charge right on through. 

You don’t need permission to follow your own dream.  You just need resolve.  You need resilience and belief in your dream.

 And if you can’t build a door, then build a window, start small if you must, but begin.

Take the steps and begin your dream.

And then watch it come to life.

I love that part best of all.
  
P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment