Thursday, February 19, 2015

Trust Who You Are

What a mind-full this title represents.  TRUST WHO YOU ARE!

So, the obvious question is this … Who are you really?

You are not the names that others have attached to you down through the years.

~You are not your mistake.
~You are not a helpless, dumb not-so-bright entity.
~Nor are you a stinko, louse, low-life, trouble maker or any other label that has been attached to you.

I've born a few labels.
You’re an accident looking for a place to happen.
You don’t know what you’re doing.  Get away from that thing.
You are too loud.  Calm down.
Slow down.  Are you stupid or something?

You and I are better than any label we've ever come near. 




Here is what you and I are. 
   Made in the image of God
      The one Jesus loves
         A redeemed one
            An invited one
               A cherished child of God

Bill and Gloria Gaither wrote a song in 1982 and I think it fits perfectly for such a post as this.


Verse
Never be ashamed if you’re not the same as the others.
What you’re meant to be is the very best thing by far.
You’re a special plan cut from an original pattern
So hold your head high and remember just whose child you are.

Chorus
I’m somebody
I am somebody
I’m created in the image of God
And I’m somebody

I’m somebody
I am somebody
I am loved
I am His child
I’m important to Him

Be encouraged today.  Perhaps it is time to trust who you are and whose you are.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment