Sunday, October 12, 2014

Believe in What You Do

Do you buy into whatever it is you do?  Do you do what you do out of a sense of commitment, dedication, passion, purpose?

I write in my particular style because it appears some people find encouragement from my books and blogs.  I believe in my gift of encouragement and abilities to form thoughts that bring hope.  Therefore I believe in my abilities as a writer.

My friend Chuck believes in retail sales and ministry through his rather large Christian bookstore in Spartanburg, South Carolina.  He’s been in the business now for over thirty years and he is very good at what he does.  He believes in that venture.

Bob, my recording engineer friend in Nashville believes he makes a difference in pushing buttons and making recording artists sound as great as he possibly can.  And he is an award winning engineer in doing so.  Bob believes in his craft and in his ability to do it exceptionally well. 

Most of us have had jobs in which we suffocated rather than thrived.  For us, those moments, months and years were pure mundane living.  Ah, but when the day comes and we find our niche, we come alive.  Belief kicks in and we soar.  And so does belief in our destiny.

What is your “calling”?
What do you believe you can do?

I sincerely hope you find your “thing” and do it with abandon.

Seth Godin, a writer from whom I get a lot inspiration, says this:

“Do you believe in what you do?  Every day?  It turns out that belief happens to be a brilliant strategy.”



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment