Friday, August 30, 2013

The Grip

When Carolyn and I walk anywhere for any length of time we always hold hands.  When we walk with our grandkids we especially hold the hand of the younger ones. 

The critical point is this:  The one doing the holding is the one doing the guiding.

Great thought - which leads to this.

I’m finding it a good thing these days to allow God to hold my hand, rather than for me to hold his hand. 

Here’s the point. 

When God holds my hand I get to do more trusting.  He knows the way.  He knows where we’re headed and he will find the best route home.

We do the same with Adia, Eliot and Grey.  We guide them to where we should go with gentle nudges.  They follow – they hold our hands and we all make it safely to the other side.

Don’t try to hold hands with God.  Let him hold yours. 

Just follow His nudges, His subtleties, and His insights.

It really is a TRUST thing.

If He is holding your hand He’ll never let go.  We are human.  Sometimes we lose our grip. 
 
Not God.  He never loses His grip.  He never lets go.

I find great comfort in that thought today.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time


No comments:

Post a Comment