Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Eye of the Father


Let me tell you a story Brennan Manning tells in the book Ragamuffin Gospel.

“Once upon a time a two-story house caught fire.  The family – a father, a mother, and six children – were on their way out when the smallest boy became terrified, tore away from his mother and ran back upstairs.  Suddenly his head appeared out of a smoke-filled window and he was crying. 

His father called out.  ‘Jump son!  I’ll catch you.’

The boy cried, ‘But, daddy, I can’t see you.’ 


‘I know,’ his father answered.  ‘I know.  But I can see you.’”

When the smoke obscures our Father’s face, when we can’t see two steps in front of us, have no fear.  Our Father can see us, and He stands ready to catch us and take us to safety.

This is a huge part of my God concept.  God sees us. 

Do you have smoke in your eyes?  Is the way clouded with darkness and danger? 

Have no fear.  Take a leap into the big arms of God.  He sees you, He loves you, and He is very fond of you.  And He will catch you.

Be encouraged today.

Isaiah 41:10 says this …

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

And Psalm 46:1 adds this …

“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”

I believe He has His eye on us.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment