Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Letter


The Letter

I received a letter in the mail yesterday.  It’s the first time I've ever received a letter such as this.  

It’s … Scary.

It was from God. 

He wrote to me because you've been sort of distracted and sidetracked with all that is going on.  So here is what he wanted me to tell you.

“My Dear Child:

I am still here.  I haven’t left.  I have not abandoned you. 

When you face the challenges and traumas of life on earth, I am with you. 

I am with a new-born baby just as I am with the aged and the distressed.

I know the trials and joys you face and I am with you in the middle of them all. 

Your government is in my hands as well.  You may or may not like the current political party or the majority mindset at play, but I am watching.  I have a steady hand on the helm of this world, and I’m not losing my grip.

-When you are in distress, I am near.
-When you are discouraged, I whisper words of encouragement in your ear.
-When you are well and at peace, I am present.
-When you prosper I smile.

Let me remind you of some things you may have forgotten.

     I AM.
       I will never leave you or forsake you.
         My peace is with you always.
           My grace is sufficient for any circumstance you face.
             My forgiveness is available-I never remember past faults.

You are my child, my chosen one.  I adore you, and I am very fond of you.

Seek me and I will be found.
Call on me and I will answer.
Come to me and rest.

Your God


I don't know about you but I want to know that kind of God. 

P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment