Monday, January 28, 2013

Step Into the Truth



Have you stepped into truth lately? 

When we step into the truth we take a bold step toward something good.  Often times, it is a scary step and one we dread to take.  Perhaps there is no other step to take than into the truth. 

At AA meetings, most attendees are all about stepping into the truth.  They admit publicly that they are powerless over their addiction and are seeking help from their higher power and their support network.  The part about “powerless over their addiction” really speaks to this concept of ‘stepping into the truth’.  We have to come to the end of ourselves, I think, in order to see that what we need, more than anything, is the truth about ourselves, and then move in the direction of truth.


Any significant act of coming to an understanding, confronting, confessing, or bearing all is a form of moving closer to the truth in our lives as we know it.

My doctor often encourages me to step into truth about my health by regulating and controlling my key indicators. 

Carolyn and I want to continually step into the truth in our relationship.  That is why we are on-purpose in so many areas of our relationship.  Otherwise we might drift aimlessly and end up missing each other completely. 

I have a college friend who once said to me “What are you pretending not to know?”  That was a major jolt in getting me closer to stepping into the truth.  I confess in retrospect that I saw the danger signs to which my friend Harold was referring, yet I was unwilling to confront them and successfully deal with the relationship at hand.

Any time we step into the truth we are taking positive steps toward an eventual resolution to whatever truths need to be revealed.  Nothing much happens when we continually hide our feelings, fears, agendas, and the truth. 

Something to consider in all of our relationships.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment