Sunday, September 23, 2012

Do You Believe



Do You Believe

It’s the age old question – “Do you believe in yourself?”

This is one of the most critical questions we can ask. 

Do I believe in me?

If life has come along and knocked the wind out of your sails it is tough to believe in yourself. 

If you’ve lived with a negative, overbearing parent, you have a tough road ahead in restoring a sense of self-belief. 

Les Brown, top motivational speaker, says this: 

“Sometimes you have to believe
in somebody’s belief in you until
your belief kicks in.”

You borrow from someone you trust who holds a lofty idea of who you could become.  You hold onto that vision for as long as you need to.  You strengthen your own image of yourself.  And then some fine day you grow strong enough to stand tall and believe in yourself.



This message is for all of us who have struggled with low self-esteem, put-down comments, and negative self-talk.


We find a way to expose ourselves to people and resources who will offer us nourishment and the knowledge needed to rebuild a life of value. 


This has become my mission in life.  My goal is to offer hope, encouragement and inspiration one word at a time to any man, woman and child who will receive the words I speak and write.

My prayer is that regardless of your present circumstances, you will find some person, or some source that speaks to your inner qualities and reveals your true worth to you.

Allow me to close with this thought from Psalm 139:13-16 in the Bible.

13-16Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
you formed me in my mother’s womb.
I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking!

Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
I worship in adoration—what a creation!

You know me inside and out,
you know every bone in my body;

You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
how I was sculpted from nothing into something.

Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,

The days of my life all prepared
before I’d even lived one day.


If you want to write to me, I will pray for you.  Promise.



P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement
Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment