Thursday, June 14, 2012

Crooked Lines



Crooked Lines


I am not a straight arrow.  Never have been. 

Are you?

If one were to map my life it would have twists and turns, curves, hills, valleys, hard places, disappointments, all with a bunch of joys intermixed. 

I imagine your life could be described this way as well. 

So, what do we do with all of these bends and busts, bombs and blessings?

We realize that someone larger is watching over things.  We realize there is a higher power, a source beyond understanding who is watching, nudging, catching when we fall, but always present through it all.

I found this recently.


“God writes straight with crooked lines.” 
Teresa of Avila


-I’m pretty good, but I’m not perfect. 
   -I can’t draw worth a darn. 
      -I’ve made some really dumb choices. 
         -I’ve gotten into trouble. 
         -I’ve missed the mark. 
      -I nearly failed philosophy in college. 
   -I was left behind in a job once.
-They said I was no longer wanted in another. 

It has not been a pretty site.  My path has been discombobulated.  But I know who is in charge.

When I look back over the landscape I can see clearly how my Creator has guided me.  I was blind to it at the time.  I wanted my own way almost always, but knowing the relationship I have maintained with the Divine one, I have trusted the disappointments, discouraging signs and the devastating demises to his wise heart. 

Know what?

He has taken the crooked road and made it straight. 

I've not always landed where I wanted to land, but I have always risen again and kept moving forward.  And the next chapter has always been good and exciting.  When looking back over my path I can see how these situations have added to my bag of experiences.


It is amazing how the God of the universe can take the broken pieces of our lives and create this beautiful mosaic.  When allowed to, he makes the crooked places straight, the weak people strong, broken places whole and the ugly things beautiful.

What a God!
What a Creator!
What a higher power!

Do things need straightening in your life?   Bring them to The Fixer. 

He writes straight with crooked lines.


P Michael Biggs
Offering Hope
Encouragement Inspiration
One Word at a Time

No comments:

Post a Comment