Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hope in the Middle of Messy


I hate messy.  Somebody always has to clean it up.

I hate messy.  It’s ugly, disorganized, sometimes smelly, irritating, uncomfortable, impossible to understand, and messy.

I’ve lived small chunks of my life in messy.  I’ve dealt with it to one degree or another and it’s not fun.  I imagine you have too.  Perhaps you still are.


Have your kids ever disappointed you?
That’s messy.

Have you ever had a relationship that just had more bumps than bounce?
That’s messy.

Has your boss been less than appreciative of your efforts?
That’s messy.

Have you lost a loved one due to premature death?
That’s messy.

Have you ever had a medical diagnosis that was the worst?
That’s messy.

Is your retirement plan as healthy as it once was?
That can be messy.


Where is hope in the middle of messy?

-I’ve seen hope come sauntering along dressed as a doctor.
-It’s been disguised as a principle in a book.
-Sometimes hope comes in the form of a new job.
-And I’ve experienced hope through my faith in God.

Hope is the balm that sooths the heart when all is bleak.
Hope is encouragement from unexpected sources.

When it is dark, hope shines brightest.
When discouraged, hope motivates one to action.
When the song in your heart is flat, hope sings you a symphony.
When all others are silent, hope listens for answers.
When all is lost, hope brings victory.
When no one is sharing, hope keeps on giving.
When no one cheers for you, hope whispers encouragement.
When everyone cries, hope’s smile is just around the corner.
When no one cares, hope endures anyway.

Yes, my friend.  There can be hope in the middle of messy. 

Let these great words of hope be your source of encouragement today.

“Surely I know the plans I have for you, says God.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  I want to give you a future with hope.”  (Jeremiah 29:11)

Wow!  That encourages me today.

A future with hope.


Believe it.
Accept it.

Hold onto HOPE!


No comments:

Post a Comment