Thursday, January 26, 2012

What Does God Think about You?


Have you ever wondered what God thinks about you?  I read something this week and the writer commented that “he felt he was God’s biggest disappointment”.


Some people go along in life holding onto these concepts of what God thinks about them.

--“I am a loser who will never win.”
   --“I am his worst drunk.”
      --“I am the biggest misfit in this world.”
      --“I’m an accident waiting to happen.”
   --“He doesn’t like me very much.”
--“I’m a ‘has-been’.  I’m no longer useful"

If you’ve ever had thoughts like these, then I want to throw you a lifeline.  I can’t ever imagine God holding any of these thoughts about any person.

And that means you.

In some of the reading I’ve been doing lately, the following thoughts and concepts rise far above all other negative and hurtful thoughts anyone may level against you, or even what your own mind repeats back to you. 


<Think on these things for a while>

God loves you just the way you are. 

He is seeking for a dozen ways 
to bring you to him.

He not only loves you, he likes you a lot.

God is very fond of you.

Even if you take one darting glance back toward God, 
he is already opening his arms wide 
to receive you back.  
Just run to him. 


So what does God say to you?  How does he respond when you feel you are at your worst?


God says …
“You are my chosen one.”

“You are mine.”

“I want to redeem you.”

“I want you close
so you can hear
my heartbeat. “

“I forgive you.”

“I’m seeking you for you
 at every turn.”

“I will never leave you
  nor forsake you.”

“Find solace in my
arms of grace.”

“You matter to me.”

“You are a significant  
  person in my kingdom.”

“You have a future with hope,"

“You are somebody.”


Now, stand up, hold your head up high and re-establish your place in the calm, loving, forgiving heart of God.

Become the person He planned for you to become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment