Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Answer Is in the Doing

I’m here. My dream is over there. There is a gulf between us. What am I to do?

Why, keep on doing, of course.

Ever felt that way? Perhaps you feel that way now.

The road is long and I’m so tired.
--Keep going.

I’ve put out nearly a hundred resumes.
--Put out one more.

Yet another round of treatments. When will this end?
--Go for another round. Your cure may be just around the corner.

But I’ve reached out to him time and again. He keeps rejecting me.
--Reach out one more time. Maybe ten more times.

I’ve told her a thousand times how to make that work. When will she ever learn?
--Tell her a few more times. She’ll get it soon.

I’ve trained; I’ve tried; I’ve put in the hours, yet they keep passing me over for my next promotion. I’m so discouraged.
--Keep training. Keep improving. You work is not in vain.

He’s hurt me so many times. I don’t have any more left to give.
--Keep giving and forgiving. An apology; a change is coming soon. Have hope.

I’ve taken that test three times already, and every time I’ve missed passing it by a few points. I give up.
--Don’t give up just yet. I know a guy who took the bar exam 17 times before passing it. See, it can be done. Just do it.

I’ve practiced this piece for a month now and I still sound like a beginner. Help!
--Practice more, only this time with perfect practice. Slow the passages down, perfect them, and then put them together.

I’ve written page after page until I’m blue in the face, and nobody is paying attention. Will I ever become a recognized and published author?
--Yes. One word, one phrase, one idea at a time. The answer is in the doing.

What did you say?



"The
answer is in
the
doing."







It’s true in all of life – music, relationships, education, medicine, recovery.


The answer is in the doing!


What are you doing?

Are you about to quit?

Don’t give up.
Keep trying.
Have a little faith.
You can if you think you can.
Try, try again.
Keep going back for more.
Learn from past failures.
Get back up on the horse.
Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.

1 comment:

  1. I can identify with this today - keep writing.

    ReplyDelete