Thursday, October 21, 2010

One Year Anniversary





51 blogs
     Over 28,050 Words (550 average per blog)
          Hours of reading and writing
               Some late nights
                    Some early mornings
                         Some lost sleep to capture ideas
                           before they evaporate

So, I ask myself, “What have I accomplished?”

Some have had their hope reignited. Thanks for letting me know that.

Some have been encouraged. I know by the kind notes you’ve sent.

Some have received inspiration. You’ve told me so.










Above all, we’ve journeyed together through
this year and perhaps gotten to know one another
a bit better. That’s what I like best as I celebrate
this one-year mark of my weekly blogs.
You have inspired me to
continue doing what I love;
offering hope, encouragement and inspiration one word at a time.





Some of you have passed
these blogs along to others.
I am thankful and so grateful
for your kind act.
Please continue doing so.




        








I like to reminisce from time to time. As I look back over this year, I find some favorite pieces.  Some of you have joined in later in the year and perhaps you've missed some of these.  If you missed one, you’ll find the reference so that you can go back and read it later if you like.

Here are some of my favorites.

-“Define your mission. Define your mission and stick to it.”
     (Nov 6, 2009

-Aspire, one of the most significant books I’ve read this year.
     (January, 22, 2010)

-I Only Know Two Notes. (February 5, 2010

-“I’m losing my eyesight. I’ll never lose my vision.”
     (J.C. Penney quote, February 19, 2010)

-Hope (March 5, 2010 – one of the most responded-to blogs this year)

-Never Underestimate the Power of the Right Word Spoken at the Right Time. (March 19, 2010

-Failure Is Not Final (April 23, 2010, another favorite, judging by the comments in my in-box)

-Playing in the Right Key (May 14, 2010 – this one encouraged a good friend of mine and his business associate to maintain their integrity at work when they were asked to sacrifice truth for a lie.)

-The Bull’s Eye (July 8, 2010 – Another favorite based on e-mail responses)

-I Approve of Myself (July 22, 2010 – an important concept)

-Laugh (Sept 2, 2010 – Remember, God delights in us—His creation)

Where are we going this year? More of the same, and some fresh stuff to boot. I have perhaps 30 or 40 blogs written and waiting in inventory – waiting on the right moment to post them. You see, I kind of believe some of these are timely for someone on a specific date in time, maybe on a day when you most need that particular thought.

I have a plan and I’m working on it daily.

I have dreams and I visit them often.

Hope you’ll continue to journey with me.

Thanks, above all, for being a faithful reader. Because you read, I am inspired to write.

Be blessed.
Be at peace.
Hold on to your dreams.
 Love those close to you.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment