Tuesday, December 1, 2009

FOCUS, Part Five

Welcome to “Focus” Part Five, the final submission on Focus. In preparation for this series of articles my photographer friend, Larry Curfman, from Centralia, WA provided some fine examples and metaphors to use as analogies.

At the end of our conversation, Larry said something that I wrote down but didn’t give much thought to until later. He said, “You can always come back to the original picture and manipulate the focus or the positioning.”

You can always come back to your business plan, once you have successfully launched some aspects of it, then focus on additional thoughts that compliment your dream and you now have time to pursue. You can continually come back to your original plan, your original focus for launching your enterprise.

I have the idea that someday I will self-publish books, videos and short stories that compliment Up-Words, but I don’t know today the exact look, feel and even the objective of those products. I just know that I want to include them in my inventory. Once I get other aspects of this business going I will then go back to the drawing board and create those products. I don’t have to have them today to do what I want to do in speaking and writing. Yet, my speaking and writing are the seeds for these products in my mind.

Determine what it is that you will focus on just for today.


__________________
Michael Biggs is a speaker, writer, speech coach and vocal soloist. He lives in Edmonds, WA. with his wife Carolyn. His company is called Up-Words, “Offering Hope, Encouragement, and Inspiration One Word at a Time”. Michael’s business experiences include Director of Sales and Director of Marketing for three music publishing companies, Regional Director for Sylvan Learning Centers, and success in sales in retail, insurance and real estate. He is available to speak to your business or organization. Please contact him at 206-349-1888 or email him at michael@up-words.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment